From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 1994 13:25:37 -0600
On Sat, 2 Apr 1994, UNION::WEISEA wrote:

> I like River Hawks, no question about it. But, (pardon my ignorance) what
> IS an osprey, anyway?

Osprey: (Pandion haliaetus) -- <impressive so far, right?????>  A hawk of
cosmopolitan distribution with a white underside and head, a brown body,
long pointed wings and long deeply curved opposed pairs of claws on its
talons.  It feeds entirely on fish.

So says "The New Lexicon Webster's Dictionary of the English Language."

Aren't vocabulary questions fun on a Saturday afternoon while we're
waiting for the Big Game???

GO LSSU!!!!!