From:
Scott L Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott L Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 1994 09:09:43 -0500
I tried to post this two days ago but wasn't able to.  Since I could not
post it from the account I was using, I am doing so from another account
I have.

To Hockey-l'ers,

        I am terribly sorry about my recent negative post.  I was upset
at other things and unfortunately for myself and all of you, I vented on
the list.  I have no good excuse for my actions and hope you will all
accept a sincere apology, I realize my actions were highly unacceptable
and rude.  I apologize to anyone I insulted.
        Some of you sent encouraging posts helping my to realize how big
a mistake I made.  Thank you for the kind words some of you sent.  As one
person suggested maybe I will take a time out and, if I may, join the
list again in a read-only capacity.  Although I am very new to hockey, I
do enjoy it and would like to keep up on what is going on out there since
it is hard to find college hockey news.
        Some of you sent me mail that was very negative.  While I
deserved some of the remarks I got, some were even more uncalled for than
my initial actions.  If it had been me, I would have just deleted the
message I had sent out and forgot about it.  For the homophobic people
out there who made very angry and violent remarks toward me, I feel
sorry for you, what you did is as bad as what I did.  I don't want to
start another flame war so I will not say anymore about this here.
        Again, I made a mistake and I realize it, and I am sorry.  Please
accept my apologies.