Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 1994 00:51:43 -0500
THis was a tale of two parts of a hockey game, the first period, where
Denver had Tech bottled up and pummeled away at Jamie Ram, and the last 2 pes
 where MTU took over.
Jamie , who only had to make 17 saves last night faced 17 shots in the first
period tonight aand stopped 16, again some of them in spectacular fashion.
Ram held the Huskies in the game until they could get on track.  it was 1-1
after one period with the huskies being outshot 17 - 4 in the first (it helps
when you score on the first shot of the game at 36 seconds.
The second period saw tech and Denver trade scores before the period was
40 seconds old (and well before I was back in my seat! ;-( )
Denver pulled their goaltender with about 4:40 left in the third down 4-2
and tech held off a furious barrage (Ram again made several unbeleivable
saves) and finally got out of their zone and scored an empty netter with
about 1:20 left to end the game at 5-2.

SWEEP....... ahhh that sounded so good let me say it again...............
           SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP! ;-)

The Huskies head off for north Dakota next weekend....

DISCLAIMER:  any spelling, punctuation, or sentence structure errors in the
 above post are the result of the WINE we had after the game and in no way
represent the extremely happy mood of the poster! ;-)

Bob