Sender:
From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 1994 01:18:50 EST
At Bowling Green, Michigan State 8 Bowling Green 1 that was a closer game
than the score suggests in some respects.  The score was reasonably close
into the 2nd period.  BGSU outshot MSU in something like a 40-30 edge but
was really snakebit - at least 3 scoring chances at a half-open net went
awry.  MSU was 0-2 ? on the power play although they scored one goal at the
end of a delayed penalty play against BGSU.  BG was 0 for someh
thing more than that, maybe 6 or 7.

Must comment on the seating situation as an MSU visitor to BG.  Our but
contingent had seats behind the bench between the red line and the blue
line and inthe first 6 rows (I was in row 6 about 8 feet off the red line -
I'm not sure I would have picked a different seat if I had the pick of the
house.  The bus was met by BG personnel, was allowed to unload and reload
at the door (there had been a problem about that in the past)  Red Carpet
treatment except that there was no red carpet.  Pleasant treatment,
Thanks to BG.  Had about a 2-minute performance by a figure skater just
before the start of the game - nice touch.  And the Skating Falcons were
out as usual (they have names; I have been told the names and I apologize
for not remembering).

Keith Instone was missing - something about seeing the DU AK-F series.
Maybe he saw something coming (;-)