Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 1994 11:12:39 -0500
Well all the Ice Statues are built, we had our typical 2-3 inches of snow
on top of them, and winter carnival is in full swing.

The CC Tigers come into town, and even tho MTU and CC are playing on opposite
ends of the league now, they are well aware of the Winter Carnival magic that
happens on the Ice at the John MacInnes Student Ice arena,  The Huskies are
5-0-1 in the last 3 years at winter carnival outscoring their opponents 44-18
in those games, and 52-14-2 since 1960! in the 1960's the huskies were 18-2-0.

The winner of the Winter carnival series receives the John MacInnes Memorial
Cup.  The Huskies have won the Cup 29 of the past 34 seasons. (both the
MacInnes cup since 1984, and the Governor's cup prior to 1984) The MacInnes
Cup is presented each year by a member of the MacInnes fammily.

Just ask Erik, paula, carol and Pam about last year.   The Huskies tied
Minn 3-3 on friday, and then came out in the traditional sat afternoon
game and thrashed the Gophers 10-2 (sorry erik et al, but after this season,
that lifted my spriits to say it again! ;-) )

Huskie notes:

Jamie Ram's 2,812 career saves makes him 6 short of overtaking Bruce Horsch
(74-78) for third place in MTU History.  The way its been going Jamie should
Pass Bruce around the 3 min mark of tonights first period! ;-)

Pat Mikesch leads the team in points (7 goals, ss assists) and penalty min (74)

in 20 WCHA games this season the Huskies have been outshot 710-532
they were peppered with 90 shots by UAA last weekend.

Have a good weekend all!
Bob