Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 1994 09:35:35 -0500
----- Begin Included Message -----

AHHH yes winter in the Copper Country..........  ;-)

Of course you've all heard about houghton and our snowfall, well this year
its getting a litle crazy, we now have 37 inches on the ground, and its been
snowing 5-10 inches a day all week.  Today and tonight calls for a Lake
Effect Snow Warning  with 12 inches today and another 12 tonight predicted.

We are extending our network up the Hill to the SDC and the John MacGinnis
Student Ice areana, and have a contractor doing the fiber splicing up there
yesterday, so I took a spin up there to see how they were doing and came thru
the back doors as the UMD team was unloading the bus.  I ran into UMD's coach
and asked him how the ride was and he replied "snowy", I then said something
like "yea its been snowing everyday since the 23rd" and his immediate response
 was:

       "July 23?"   ;-)

I think he was impressed with the snowbanks piled up around here this last 2
weeks! ;-)

The Huskies start the second half tonight and tomorrow night againsg UMd,
hopefully we can get it going strong at home, cause the Huskies spend a lot
of time on the road this half.

For tose of you who missed me for the last couple weeks, I spent the holidays
with the flu and a bum knee, so I left the posting in the hands of Walt ;-)

Bob

----- End Included Message -----