Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 14:14:00 PST
Nothing new, just a couple of comments...

Erik B writes...
>The biggest problem I see is the potential travel problems between pairs
host >schools on a given weekend.  Minneapolis--Madison and Duluth--Grand
>Forks are both 260 mile trips.  Winter storms could cause some difficult
travel.

Keith I adds...
>Maybe they aren't proposing travelling BETWEEN travel partners, but
>an organization that just makes scheduling easier. Maybe when Tech
>goes to Colorado for 2, then Denver will go to NMU for two. That is,
>when N-1-a hosts, N-1-b the partner) travels. "Scheduling partners"
>would be a better term.
>
>Using Erik's breakdown, let's see what Wisconsin's schedule might be:
>
>All are 2 games series.
>
>         AT              HOME
>West     UAA             UAF
>         CC              DU
>North    Tech            NMU
>         Duluth          UND
>Central  Minn            Minn
>         SCSU            SCSU
>         MSU             MSU
>       --------        --------
>         14              14

I was under the impression that the schedule would balance in a single year,
not two.  Hence, a trip to Alaska for non-West Division teams means playing
UAA one night and UAF the next.

Walt Olson writes...
>According to Bob Mancini in the pre-game last night,
>The divisions would be proposed in the following manner:
>
>  North:
>    Lake Superior State University
>    Northern Michigan
>    Michigan Technological University
>    U of Minn/Duluth

[...]

>Note the realignment of LSSU from the CCHA to the WCHA: The desire is
>is put all of Upper Peninsula schools in the same league. (After last
>night's game, I am not so certain. :-) ) Actually, I like this idea
>very much. However, there may be some moaning in both the CCHA and
>Mankato over this proposal.

It makes perfect sense, but I don't like it.  IMHO, Sault Ste Marie is the
best road trip in the CCHA.  If LSSU would agree to still play Michigan
every year then...

  John H
  U Mich
  Go Blue!  Go Soo!