Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 91 15:03:00 CST
Art Stine writes:

> Funny how TCHCR ranks Clarkson below BU and UNH, both of whom they beat
> during the season. Also interesting in that, even though Clarkson won
> 1st in the ECAC regular season, they are ranked below teams who are 3-4 in
> other divisions. I think this poll is somewhat slanted towards divisions
> who play more games. Even though Clarkson hasn't played as many games
> as BU, UNH, etc, they have done pretty well out of the ECAC (6-2 against
> non-league teams). Oh well... doesn't really matter I guess, as TCHCR
> doesn't get used to pick the NCAA seeds anyway.

I think it is interesting to see how close TCHCR comes to the subjective
polls as the season progresses.  I haven't seen this week's NCAA poll yet, but
I suspect that it won't look much different than the top 10 in TCHCR (though
Lake Superior State will probably still be #1 in the NCAA poll).

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM