Sender:
From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 10:35:46 CST
> I see Harvard is out at Minn.-Duluth this weekend for a pair of games.  Ok
> all you WCHA fans, what do you think about this ECAC team going up against
> one of your teams?  Looking at the respective records, Harvard should win
> easily.  Your comments to an ECAC fan are welcome.  And finally, Go RPI.

Back in '84 or '85 Harvard visited UMD for a NCAA playoff game (games).
Prior to the game some student writer from Harvard printed an article in
the Harvard student newspaper about how people from Duluth, Minnesota were
all a bunch of back-ass rednecks (or something to that effect). This
article made it to the Duluth newspaper and it served as an inspiration
for the Bulldog players and they promptly pounded Harvard that weekend.

My question is: Does anybody remember this? If so, how much of it do I
remember correctly? What was that writers name? and is he still around
today?

This should be a test for some of you historians!!!

-Dean
        Dean Barker                             Cray Research, Inc.
        [log in to unmask]                          655F Lone Oak Drive
        (612) 683-5414                          Eagan, MN 55121