Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 14:39:00 PST
As Mike Collingridge mentioned, Steve Shields is the CCHA defensive
Player-of-the Week.  The offensive PotW is Univ of Alaska-Fairbanks forward
Dean Fedorchuk.  He was 4-3--7 in UAF's sweep of Bowling Green.

But, as an affiliate member, why are UAF players even eligible for PotW
honors?  They are not eligible in the statistical categories, and I believe
that they are not eligible for post-season honors such as Player of the
Year, All-CCHA, etc.  No complaints, just curious.  My hunch is that if
Fedorchuk were to go out and score 10 goals in two games against a non-CCHA
opponent, he wouldn't win the award.  Who knows.

Fedorchuk continues to be the meal ticket with the man advantage.  In 17
games, he is 20-15--35 with 12 ppg and a -4.  His assist dispenser, Tavis
MacMillan...a true hidden gem of Div I, is 7-28--35 and +7.  Fedorchuk has
also garnered 42 penalty minutes...a thorough pest to the opposition.

Elsewhere...

Michigan's David Roberts has an 18 game scoring streak dating back to the
1993 NC$$ quarterfinal.

Miami defenseman and All-America candidate Bobby Marshall recorded his 100th
career point (11-89--100) vs Ferris State.

This Week in CCHA History...

15 December 1984...Lake Superior (then LSSC) goaltender Randy Exelby was
pulled for an extra attacker SEVEN times in the Lakers come-from-behind 7-6
win over UIC.  LSSC scored three times with their net empty.

  John H
  U Mich