Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1993 11:11:15 EST
Saturday afternoon at Bright found Harvard playing another flat game
on its way to a victory over the Colby White Mules.  In many ways,
Colby reminds me of a mirror site of the Crimson.

There was no scoring in the first period.  In the second period,
Megan Hall (Diana Clark) made a solo looping play in the Colby
zone, and finished her move off with a nice wrist shot.  Clark
(Winkie Mleczko) made it 2-0 when her shot taken from just inside
the blue line found the lower corner of the net.  AJ Mleczko (Joey
Alissi, Holly Leitzes) finished off a long break-in when she tucked
home a shot from the slot.  In the third period Hall (Clark) struck
again, as her nice 1-2 with Clark was finished with a roofer.  Stacy
Kellogg (AJ) put in a rebound after a scramble in front of the goal
to make it 5-0.  Christa Calagione (Clark) scored the last Crimson
goal when she shot home a rebound after a series of shots.

Colby looked somewhat tired in this game.  They play the same flat,
grinding game that Harvard plays, but it seemed to wear them out.
I though Barbara Gordon was their best player.  The first-year center
showed a lot of good skating, and some creative playmaking.  In goal,
Jen Dursi kept Colby in the match.  She seemed to always find some-
thing to put in the puck's path.

The nice point about this match for Harvard was the clicking of the
second line.  Yesterday they put in the effort, but didn't get the
reward.  Today, they were the best line for the Crimson.  Calagione,
Clark and Hall are playing much better.  In particular, Megan Hall
and Diana Clark are using each other well on 1-2's.  Hall is showing
good passing and improved shooting.  Clark is skating better and pass-
ing well.  Yes!!!!  On defense, Colleen Malek is playing real good.
She is a steady force out there for Harvard.  Holly Leitzes is also
playing good D, and passing very well.  Her new partnership with
Winkie Mleczko has given the Crimson a strong defensive pair it can
go to.  In goal Erin Villiotte is showing a quick glove hand.  Of the
goalies I have seen this fall, Villiotte is easily the best.  I also
got to see in this weekend's games first-year players Whitney Smith,
in goal, and Lauren Turner and Alexis Boyle on defense.  All three
saw limited action in the third periods.  All three showed promise.
Makes me yearn for 5 player units.  With the improved play of the
second line, it just makes wonder when some other people are going to
try to put their lines together?  For now, nice going Calagione,
Clark and Hall!

/
 good shooting
 rhun