Sender:
From:
Sid Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 91 20:30:10 EST
I really don't understand how the ECAC determined that Harvard should
get home ice over RPI. I've heard something to the effect that Harvard won
the 'tie-breaker' for the regular season and thus is awarded home ice,
but I don't quite see how this whole thing works. I know that they split
this season (RPI won in Cambridge some time ago and Harvard won in Troy
last weekend) but what is it that allowed Harvard to win home ice? It seems
like every year Harvard gets some kind of lucky break during playoff time.
If anybody can clarify the situation for me, I'd really appreciate it.
                     Thank you,    - Sid Whitaker