Sender:
From:
"Cuyler, Bradley D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1993 11:05:10 EST
I believecorrect we if I'm wrong that Jeff Tory was recruited by NMU and
UAF or UAA, they found out about his academic performance or grades and
knew that he would be ineligable to play. Is it true that Rick Comley
talked to Sean Walsh and his assistant coach and told "them" he would be
ineligable to play. So why was he on Maines roster, There is absolutely
no defense on Sean Walsh's part. If he knew about this he is guilty and
should be suspended, Bruce Spencer in yesterdays hockey discussion said
he heard on TV that he has been suspended and a few games have been
forfeited. Hopefully this is true and it will set a good example for the
rest of College Hockey.  Also the tryouts for the Olympic Teams (Canada
and Team USA) were done before the College hockey season started.
Shouldn't Paul Kariya be on the team after the tryouts, why is he on
Maines roster. This may not be illegal but shows poor class if Chris
Imes and the Ferraros come back to play for Maine after the Olympics.
Just like Brian Balmes said, It really must suck if you got cut from the
team only to see the people that beat you in tryouts on another team. If
they go and play for the Olympic team great, From there they should go
to the NHL because if you make it on the Olympic Team you are certainly
NHL material. To come back to your University and play once you have
played in the Olympics is unfair for the rest of the players who havn't
practiced or played this caliber of hockey.Also I would like to
compliment coach Bob Mancini for not beating around the bush or trying
to hide the fact that one of his players are ineligable to play. It may
hurt MTU but this was a class A thing for a coach to do.