Sender:
From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1993 15:09:43 -0500
Hello folks,

I've been breezing thru over 100 messages that have stacked up
here from the weekend - we had a computer glitch and they
all came to me today.  Anyway.... regarding:

1. The Maine situation - (both the Ingraham and now the latest)
   Does Maine have an Athletic Administrator that oversees the
   eligibilty of its players. From where I sit - a school of
   Maine's national prominance in hockey should have someone
   within the Athletic Department that knows every detail of
   every transcript of every recruit that the hockey program
   is interested in.  This person would be the "watchdog"
   for the coaches and could prevent these problems.  Am
   I crazy or what ???

2. Regarding Stats....  Hockey statistics are wacky.
   How is power play attempts and penalty kill attempts
   defined ??  Is 10 seconds on a power play - an attempt ?
   What about plus / minus ?  The NHL only counts even stength
   situations - are they gospel in this calculation ??  IMHO
   the NHL is not THE WAY to follow in all stats calculations.
   Goalie wins is another gray area.  How about winning goal
   or should we be looking at go-ahead goals and tying goals.
   The NCAA or each conference should publish how they want
   stats calculated - I hav'nt seen any "official" guidelines
   from any regional or national source.

3. I'm interested in a very thorough report of tonite's
   WED  Dec. 8 contest - BABSON at HOLY CROSS.  Whoever
   is out there on Hockey - L and might be going to the
   game - take good notes and call them into me ot fax
   'em to me.  .. or just E- Mail it.  This could be your
   try out as a pre scout unofficial non paid scouting
   "birddog" coach.  Nothing less than 5 pages.

   --- oh yea - keep it secret that I'm interested !!

Coach Cavanaugh
Bitnet: Cavanaugh@Canisius