Sender:
From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 16:52:24 CDT
>  After the ceremony, Coach Woog led members of the media on a tour of the
> arena.  The general public, we were informed, would not be able to see the
> inside of the arena at that time.  I decided to join the tour, determined to
> at least get a peek before being asked to leave.  There were enough people
> on the tour, though, that no one ever noticed that I wasn't supposed to be
> there.  If asked, I would have explained that I was covering the event for
> the College Hockey  Discussion List and that hundreds of college hockey fans
> all over the country would read what I wrote.  But no one asked me.  All you
> need to do is look like you know what you're doing.

This is great! Whats really funny is, if they would have asked, and you
would have explained to them who you are writing for, they probably would
have kicked you out, even though your article would be read by more die-hard
hockey fans and be distributed to a wider geographical area than any of
theirs!!

Thanks for going on the tour and thanks for giving us a taste. I can't
wait to get there.

-Dean
Dean Barker                             Cray Research, Inc.
[log in to unmask]                          655F Lone Oak Drive
(612) 683-5414                          Eagan, MN 55121