Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 12:01:23 EST
Over the weekend at the Olympic Festival, the US Team defeated a
"younger" Team Canada 6-3, and 7-3.  The coach of the US is UNH
coach Karen Kay.  She will be using last weekend as well as a
week-long training camp in December to pick the players for the
World Championships next April at Lake Placid.

I understand from several sources that women's ice hockey will not
be an event at the 1994 Winter Olympics.  Instead they are pointing
toward 1998 in Japan.  At that point women's hockey will be a medal
event.

I saw that former Harvard player Sandra Whyte '92 was playing for
Team USA in San Antonio.  (offense or defense?)

I also heard that "they" are working on TV coverage for the 1994
Women's World Championships!  --wow!!!--

/
 good shooting
 rhun