Sender:
From:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1993 17:31:05 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
This matchup is very likely.  The past has haunted Maine, but its also been a
point of focus for this year's team.  Last year's heartbreaking loss to MSU has
really put Maine on a mission.  Not only now is Maine scary on paper, Maine
won't be satisfied until they win on Saturday.  After last weekend's victory
over Minn., the team wasn't jumping up and down just because they made it to
the final 4.  They were pretty reserved, knowing they'll have two games left.
I don't think you'll see Maine looking past Michigan to the finals, the problem
is, assuming Maine beats Michigan, will Maine play a 60 minute game against
BU/LSSU?  Now that Maine is in the final four, and they have had the experience
of losing a chance for the title they should have won, I don't think they'll
let anything get in the way of their first championship.

      Ben
      UMaine

  P.S. #1:     The National Champion WILL be the UM/UM winner.  GO BLUE!

  P.S. #2:     Now I hope I won't have to eat my words.