Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 23:13:19 EST
Jeremy writes:
>     I have recently heard rumors around here that Pierre has been temporarily

>suspended by the ECAC

Possibly.  I haven't heard anything about him since the Syracuse tournament
either, although there haven't been too many ECAC games since then.  He'll
probably turn up when the league returns to a full schedule in February.

>                       and that when he does return to action, he is still
>permanently banned from officiating any Clarkson games.

This sounds more like wishful thinking than anything else.  I've seen the
ECAC do some strange things, but the league would have to realize that if
they were to pull a stunt like that, they'd be fending off loud charges of
blatant favoritism from the other eleven teams.  If Pierre was indeed
suspended, it was most likely not due to any single incident involving
Clarkson; it would have been caused by the league office receiving a large
volume of complaints about the guy from several teams.  Which I'm sure they
have.  The guy certainly has been grandstanding and yelling at players a lot
this year.

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"I was just sitting here looking out of my window, and I noticed that there's
 a woman hanging from a window ledge on your building and she's about ten
 flights up, and I was wondering if -- no, operator, you're missing the point;
 I don't wish to SPEAK to the woman..."
-- Shelley Berman