Sender:
From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 15:49:47 CST
From: Ron Babuka <[log in to unmask]>

>       WHEN BRAD MARSH (EX FLYER) WENT FROM WEARING A HELMET (AFTER
>SUFFERING A SEIZURE FROM HITTING THE BOARDS HEAD ON) TO GOING HELMET-

	Hmm.  Marsh suffers a seizure after a hit with helmet on and
	he figures he's better with it off.  I'm not a genius or any-
	thing but wouldn't matters have been worse without the helmet.

>LESS AGAIN, HE SAID THAT HE FELT MORE SECURE WITHOUT THE HELMET!.  HE
>FELT THAT THE PLAYERS COMING OUT OF SCHOOL WERE TOO CARELESS WITH THEIR
>STICK - DUE TO THE FACT THAT PLAYERS WERE WEARING HELMETS AND HEAD
>INJURIES WERE UNCOMMON.  HE FELT THAT WHEN THE OTHER PLAYERS SAW HIM

	Of course, they could require the pros to wear cages or full
	shields, too.  If everyone wore a cage or shield, everyone
	would have the same disadvantage of limited vision.  The pros
	are too macho for that though.

>                                        IT BRINGS ABOUT A POINT - WOULD
>YOU BELIEVE A MAN WHO DIDN'T WEAR A HELMET!

	Everybody's got to believe in something.  I believe I'll have
	another beer.

					mark