Sender:
From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 15:48:02 CST
Dan Glumac -  University of Minnesota writes:

> I saw the Denver-Wisconsin game.  A agree that the officials tend to let a lot
> of things go, and so that makes it a league problem.  But there are those
> players out there (fortunately few in number) that get carried away.  There
> just isn't a nicer way to say this:  Sean Hill is just a plain hack.  He was
> one at Duluth East HS and he is one now.  Players like him give ice hockey a
> bad name.  This isn't biased because I'm from Minnesota and were talking about
> a Wisconsin player; I've never seen a Wisconsin player as cheap as Sean Hill.
> Wisconsin players are built of skill and character--I should know, because
> most of them are from Minnesota.

I didn't see the Denver-Wisconsin game so I'm not going to protect Sean Hill
in what he did here. However I went to a high school that was in the same
conference as Hill's and I saw several of his games. I did not think he was
a "hack" at all and I think a lot of people from Duluth would agree with me.
A lot of the U. of Wisconsin's players are from Minnesota and I think that
causes a lot of resentment amoungst Minnesotans, especially since they have
just won a national championship with players the Minnesota schools couldn't
get. But back to Hill, I hope what happened here wasn't "with the intent to
injure". If it was the player and the team should be punished accordingly.

Dean
UMD #1