Sender:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 16:35:49 EST
----- Begin Included Message -----

From @CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU:[log in to unmask] Thu Jan 24 15:26:40 1991

 I also agree with Erik, this problem is not just a WCHA problem, I recall just
 recently seeing on a "Hockey USA" program a new rule about checking from
 behind--I believe in the CCHA, and if the officials fail to call it they could
 be suspended. (If anyone out in CCHA-land knows the specifics please type 'em
 in)
----- End Included Message -----

Can't give the official rule, but in the CCHA, checking from behind draws
an automatic 10-minute misconduct.  There were at least 2 in last weekend's
LSSU-MSU games.