Sender:
From:
Chick Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 13:24:42 PST
Just a quick reminder on Stanford's Hockey Club, since a number of folks
have expressed interest.  It's the new year, and we're back into pushing
that vulcanized rubber disk around!  You'll recall that a previous note
put us at 4-3-1, prior to the Christmas break.  As it turned out, a
couple of our losses turned out to be forfeits (due to roster issues),
so we actually went into last weekend's contests with a 6-0-1 record.

Despite having to play at 12:45 AM on Saturday against UCLA (get some
decent ice time, doood!  :-), we managed a 1-1 tie against them.  And,
despite having to play again a scant 15 hours later, we edged USC 2-1,
picking up three points total for the trip.  Thanks to the low SF-LAX
airfares, we were able to take 18 skaters with us this time, and that
helped a lot.  Lots of credit goes to my defensemen for keeping the
number of good shots on our goal to a minimum.  Our record, with eight
games to play in the season, is 7-1-1.  All our remaining games are at
home, or at least in N.  California, too!

The real reason for this note, though, is to drum up a crowd for our
next home game, against Cal Berkeley, on Friday, February 1st.  We've
beaten Cal 6-3 and 2-1 to date, so you can be sure that they'll be
gunning for us.  Expect an exciting contest and a big crowd!  Look for
yours truly between the pipes, as usual, and a revived, revised, defense
out front.  It'll cost a couple of bucks to get in, so don't come
empty-walleted!

Stanford's Schedule (Remaining games only)

Date	Time	Location	Opponent
----	----	--------	--------
2/1	8:30P	GGIA*		UC Berkeley
2/2	10:45P	BI**		UC Berkeley
2/8	8:30P	GGIA		CSUN
2/9	2:00P	GGIA		CSUN
2/22	8:30P	GGIA		Cal Lutheran
2/23	2:00P	GGIA		Cal Lutheran
3/1	8:30P	GGIA		Pepperdine
3/2	2:00P	GGIA		Pepperdine
4/5-7	??	Los Angeles	TBD***

	Notes
	-----
	*   Golden Gate Ice Arena (GGIA), Redwood City, CA
	**  Berkeley Iceland (BI), Berkeley, CA
	*** PCHA Playoffs, teams and times/locations to be determined

Chick Webb                          "A witty saying proves nothing."
Hewlett-Packard Company              -- Voltaire
Cupertino, CA
UUCP: {ucbvax, etc.}!hpda!ckw       "Activate the bass."
ARPA: [log in to unmask]                -- Consolidated