Sender:
From:
Ron Babuka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 15:45:25 EST
       Isn't it maybe time to give the referees a hand by either
allowing the linemen to take some of the responsiblities for making
calls or adding another referee.  I have a very good friend who
officiates high school football, he constantly hears the same complaints
about missed call and lacked inforcement of the rules.  His response is
that how can 4 officials SEE the same as 10,000 fans.  His other response
is that NO official worth his weight will blow a "equalizing" penalty
just because he missed a call.  I think the point is that it is just
too hard to see all the action when you are just one man.