Sender:
From:
Roger L Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1993 12:06:12 -0500
Just some comments regarding Paul's questions:

> Maybe my memory is bad, but I thought that W1, W4, W6, E2, E3, and E6 played
> in the West regional last year and E1, E4, E6, W2, W3, W5 played in the East.

No, last year only the #5 and #6 seeds crossed over.

> Anybody know for sure what the brackets will look like? And John, everyone
> keeps assuming that Michigan will get the #1 seed. Did Red indicate that
> Michigan would still get it if Miami wins at the Joe?

Trying to put all bias aside here, I believe that the only way Miami can
get the #1 West Seed is if they win the CCHA Tournament this weekend.
Why?  My biggest consideration here is that it seems the national view of
college hockey -- i.e. all of the polls -- have consistently ranked Michigan
above the Redskins of Miami.  (I'm not saying that this is correct, I'm merely
stating fact here.)  So, it appears the the college hockey world seems to
view Michigan as better than the Redskins.  (IMHO - I think they're right, too)

If Miami does win the CCHA, then I believe it would be a crying shame if
Miami did not get the #1 seed -- a ranking I feel they would truely deserve.
In fact, I almost think they deserve the #1 seed no matter what.  But, IMHO,
I expect to see the Wolverines placed in the #1 seed, with Miami pushed into
the #2.

Sorry, Miami.  I honestly feel that you do deserve it, but my opinion really
does not mean anything to the NC$$.

BTW - I will be at the CCHA championship game @ the Joe on Sunday.  As
Kieth mentioned gathering on Friday, is there interest in gathering on
Sunday as well?  I'd really like to get a chance to put a face to all
of these opinions...

Tournament Energy is raging high...Good Luck to all!

Roger

Roger L. Spurgeon                 [log in to unmask]   |_  \    /  _|
Michigan Engineering `94                                 | \ \  / / |
THANKS SENIORS  --  YOU MADE MICHIGAN HOCKEY AWESOME!   _| | \  / | |_
DETROIT -- HOME OF THE NHL's GREATEST ZAMBONI DRIVER!   |__|  \/  |__|
MUDDY THE MUD HEN SAYS WELCOME BACK ERNIE HARWELL!!!!      Go Blue!
"For lo, the winter is past, and the voice of the turtledove is once
 again heard in our land"              -Ernie Harwell