Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 91 13:06:00 CST
Ron Babuka of Cornell says:

   > I think if the league really investigates this they will find that
   >  the problem will lie with hockey in the WCHA and not in Mr. Hill.

No, this is a problem for all of Division 1 college hockey.  Such behavior
is not the norm and is not condoned, in the WCHA or any of the other
conferences.  Nor is it typical of the style of play of the Wisconsin
Badgers.  The incident must be thoroughly investigated (and I am confident
that it will), and if it is determined there was intent to injure, the
proper penalty must be meted out.  It must be made clear, however, that
the same consequences await any other player who intentionally seeks to
injure another.

-- Erik

Erik J. Biever                           --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota                     --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
Home of the 1991 NCAA Championship     --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM