Sender:
From:
Michael Burdick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 91 10:11:37 EST
>   Historically in this country, sporting events have continued on schedule in
>   time of war (as sort of an "escape"), and I think they should be allowed to
>   do so here, unless those actually involved in the events feel strongly that
>   it is inappropriate.

>   Bill Fenwick
>   Cornell '86
>   LET'S GO RED!!

This morning on NPR, Red Barber made the point that games should continue
during times of war simply because it is good for moral, both of the troops and
of the people here at home.  Sporting events give soldiers an opportunity to
hear happy news from home which may give some relief from thoughts of war.