Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 17:48:45 -0500
>The games are for the PLAYERS, first and foremost.

>sure, there are other beneficiaries including

>A)  the institution in terms of revenue and prestige
>B)  the fans in terms of enjoyment
>C)  the bands in terms of being able to strut their stuff

>probably pretty much in that order.

Since many people seem to be ignoring this fact, let me point it out:
last time I checked, everybody in the band was a fan of their hockey team.
Everybody in the band cheers for their team and hopes they do well.
Everybody in the band pays $5 or whatever, when they go to a road game.

I don't think that B and C are necesarily different. Bands are fans too.
The rights of non-band members are no more (or no less) important than those
of band members and other students.

The problem is finding a middle ground. Band members want to enjoy the
game too and no one should say that their wanting to enjoy the game is
less important than some CEO alumni or whomever.