Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1993 15:42:33 -0500
I think it would be a mistake for Union to ban visiting bands from
Achilles. Certainly they are justified in warning bands not to play
during the action, and the members of all bands should perhaps be
held to a higher standard of behavior than the average fan, since
they are "representing their school" in a pseudo-official capacity.

Maybe Union is oversensitive to having other teams' fans support
their team at all. I remember that there was much gnashing of teeth
from Union last year about the behavior of the Cornell fans at
Achilles, and that was a sedate performance relative to the typical
Harvard or Colgate game. And I must say I didn't see anything
particularly mature about some Union visitors this season at Lynah -
it doesn't take much poise and responsibility to give a t.v. camera
the finger. But I enjoyed their boisterous and loud presence - and I
think it actually helped to get the Cornell crowd behind the home team.

I assume that somebody from the RPI band said "f*ck" too near an
important Union booster, and the rink staff must appear to be enraged,
and hopefully all of this silliness will blow over in two week when
Union passes Princeton and Cornell in the standings.

Greg
Let's Go Red!
(The only bottom-seed team in history to win the ECACs - 1980)