Sender:
From:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1993 13:05:23 CST
        As a Gopher fan who has endured watching the Gopher get outscored
22-8 the last three games, I have also have had endure a further irritation
That is, the friends of mine who now seem to think the Gophers are the
worst team ever invented.  Please Grow Up!  We have been very fortunate to
have such a successfull program these last several years.  A down year
every once in a while will occu
        My question to you hockey-l'ers is this:
When your school which is successfull year in and year out has a down year,
how do your fans react?  I'm paticularly interested in hearing from fans
of Wisconsin, Northern Michigan, Maine, Michigan State, Michigan, Harvard and
everone else who has become accustomed to thinking that anything worse than
second in one's conference is total failure.
Another question for you Maine fans:  Do people out there get on Walsh's
case for not winning the "Big One"? Us Woog fans would like to know.
In case your wondering, Minnesota fans aren't handling things very well
In the last few weeks I've heard such ridiculous statements such as
"Woog should be fired", "We gotta go to cananda and get `Snipers'"and
"The Gopher Hockey Program is an embarrssment."
Comments?