Sender:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 13:45:03 -0500
1. Saves records:

On the other end of the spectrum, the UVM media guide lists, if I
recall correctly, a 102 shot game in the early 70's when they were
still Div. II: 92 saves, 10 goals, or maybe 90/12, I don't quite
remember.

2. Robbery:

> the 1991 snub of SLU in favor of Cornell for the tournament

Granted I'm a Cornell fan, but I would have been extremely surprised
to see SLU, rather than Cornell, go to the NCAAs in 1991.

Cornell was ranked in the top 10 all season, rising as high as #4.

Cornell defeated SLU 2 times in the 3 games in which they played. SLU
won when it counted, but it's the stated position of the NCAA not to
put any more weight on playoff games. I don't agree with this
position, but there it is.

SLU's real consolation is that they have remained a power in the
conference, while it will take Cornell's "Team Freshman" several
seasons to get back up there, if they do at all.

Of course, The Problem is that only 2 ECAC teams go to the tournament,
due to HE's preferential seeding. IMHO, both teams should have
gone. And before you guys haul out your flame throwers, yes I
acknowledge the arguments on the other side, and I don't want to get
into it One More Time. Difference of opinion, and I'm right. 'Nuf
said.

3. Black Hole:

>hear the "Sieve...Funnel...Vacuum...Black Hole...etc." cheer

The first time I heard this cheer was at Harvard (it may be that
institution's only contribution to American culture) in the mid 80's.

4. Harrassment:

No way does harrassment ever "come with the territory"! With ya all
the way on this one, Rich.

5. CU-RPI / hockey-l Fest

Rick St. Pierre wrote:
"I'll be in Ithaca this weekend with a few other RPI grads..."

I'll be there also. Perhaps Tom "Julie, your social director" Tseng
would care to arrange another hockey-l get-together before or after
the game? (Tom - I wear that title proudly here at work, and mean it
as a compliment.)

6. Misc.

Thank you *everyone* who replied to my urgent query re: the Colgate
radio station. As with Cornell, games are only carried on FM. I wish
these guys would get an AM carrier.

7. There is no seven.

There is no seven. (Self-referential paradox, a la Godel Escher Bach.
Damn we *are* an educated bunch here on hockey-l...)

Greg
Somerville, MA
Let's Go Red!