Sender:
From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1992 20:43:43 -0500
Tim asked about the RPI mascot, the red bee. (Sorry, I don't know how to
paraphrase.) It's known as the Red Swarm, and I know the guy who does it,
but I don't understand the significance either. It first surfaced during
the RPI glory years of the mid 80's when Mike Addesa was the coach and then
after he left, the put it on the uniforms, starting with last season.
Maybe someone else from the 'Tute can enlighten us more....
(It has been suggested that there are 'political' connections between
Addessa and the swarm, but I wouldn't know for sure)

--Sid
BU '94