Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1992 12:29:16 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
I tend to agree with recent postings that a post-season all-star
game has a number of problems: availability of seniors (with losses
to pros), college hockey withdrawal (believe it or not, lots of
fans lose interest after the season), difficulty in attracting
big-time sponsors, etc...

I like the suggestion of a mid-season all-star game, and Xmas seems the
right time... hey, we regularly send our best off to tourneys, so the
issue of them getting hurt needlessly seems moot...  the REAL KEY is
the visibility and money... that is, can we get big-time
sponsorship, attract big-time numbers of fans, and rake in big bucks
for college hockey...

Here's a crazy idea... how about an all-star tourney, with teams from
each of the four leagues, in a single elimination format? Built-in
to such a format would be the preservation of league identity...

Go Blue
Larry Latour
UMaine