Sender:
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1992 11:30:50 EST
Roger will be posting the Michigan boxes, but since I haven't seen
anything on Saturday's game, I'll post my watered down version.

Saturday, 12 November, Yost Ice Arena, Ann Arbor MI

Kent         2  0  1 -- 3       12   9  10 -- 31
Michigan     3  2  0 -- 5       13   9  11 -- 33

 5:13 Kent Drouin (Mulcahy)                      1-0
 8:03 Kent Drouin (Brait,Mulcahy)                2-0
14:14 Mich Knuble (Hilton,Sittler)               1-2
14:29 Mich Oliver (Wiseman,Tamer)                2-2
18:28 Mich Roberts (Stiver) PPG                  3-2
24:17 Mich Neaton (Knuble,Sittler) GWG           4-2
39:42 Mich Neaton (Sittler,Stiver) PPG           5-2
59:11 Kent Mulcahy (Krosky) SHG                  3-5

Goaltenders: Kent--Shaw, Michigan--Shields
Attendance: 7300+

Three Stars: 1--Neaton(Mich) 2--Sittler(Mich) 3--Mulcahy(Kent)

Michigan looked flat, recovered, then coasted.  The win temporarily
moves the Wolverines into first place in the CCHA.  I say temporarily
not because I lack faith, but because UM doesn't play another conference
game until January 8.  Undoubtably, someone will pass them before then.

I'd like to reiterate Roger's comment from Friday's game.  The timekeepers
were on another planet, because they blew this one BIG time.  Also, midway
through the 3rd period, Michigan's Ryan Sittler received a double minor
while Kent was assessed a minor -- resulting in 2:00 of 5-on-4 play for
Kent, one would think.  John Arnold joined Sittler in the box to serve
the power play penalty, but when the 2:00 expired the crew wouldn't let
Arnold out of the box.  The Michigan bench and crowd were frantic as Kent
enjoyed an extra 15-25 seconds of power play time.  C'mon guys, get with
it.

John H
U Mich