Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 90 11:09:22 EST
 Reply to Keeney's message of 12/23 regarding players chosen to participate on
 special holiday tournament teams.

 >So far as I know, any player chosen to participate on a team over the
 >holidays is able to do so, regardless of the fact we always have games
 >over that period of time.

 Your comments were very interesting, but maybe each school has their own policy
 concerning how many players are allowed to participate on special teams. I
 know that our athletic director, Rick Bay only allowed the National Junior team
 to take two players from our team and No players for the Team USA-Soviet series
 this year. I believe that he was concerned about losing too many players and
 possibly jeopardizing some of our league play this weekend and next weekend.
 It is especially frustrating to play excellent teams without even two of your
 best players (and playmakers) as we did in L.A. without Trent Klatt and our
 "star" freshman Craig Johnson. I understand what an honor it is to be chosen
 and to play on these teams, but I have second thoughts about the fact that it
 leaves their college team without the players' services for several weeks.

 Everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!