Sender:
From:
"S Christopher, Dean: Beh Sci, Hum Serv, & Educ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 09:41:59 EST
Well, the final result of the Western regional contest between the
Wolverines and the Wildcats was obviously a heartbreaker for NMU
fans and a tremendous thrill for the Ann Arbor faithful.

What a game!  It reminded me a lot of last year's NC$$ championship
final against Boston University.  First a goal-trading contest, with
the score reaching 3-3 early in the 2nd period; then a Wildcat
explosion to make it 6-3 NMU; then a goal at 19:55.5 of the 2nd
period by the Wolverines to make it 6-4; a 5th Michigan goal
several minutes into the 3rd; the tieing goal at about the 14:00
mark; and then the game-winner inside the two-minute mark.

The Wolverines deserve tremendous applaus for fighting back from
a three-goal deficit--congratulations and good luck to them and
their fans!

The Wildcats gave all of us who follow them a tremendously thrilling
and rewarding season, maybe all the sweeter because it wasn't expected
to be quite as good as it turned out to be.  For a good while there it
looked like we were going to Albany, but in the end there were just too
many penalties to kill against a great Michigan team that never quit.

Once again, congratulations, Wolverines.  Wildcats--thanks for a
great season!!

Now that my personal favorite is not involved, at least I can just sit
back and enjoy the finals.  Whoever wins I'll have some reason to be
cheering--one team from our region, three from our state, and one
from our league!

Way to go 'Cats!!  Next season begins in 210 days!!

                     *      Steve Christopher, NMU       *
                    *  "Go 'Cats!''Going for two in '92!" *
                    *      1992 WCHA Playoff Champions    *