Sender:
From:
Martin I Lewison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1992 22:03:13 -0500
>Boston University has been using the Budweiser song since at least
>the early '70s.  I went there to an away Clarkson game and remember
>it being played.  I think the fans respond at the end with: "When you
>say Budweiser, you've said BU".  I don't think that Wisconsin has any
>more claim to the song than BU.
>-John

I always thought that the Cheese had some special claim on the Bud Song - after
all, Wisconsin is the land of beer.  But now that you mention it, Budweiser
is made in St. Louis!  Maybe they should change to the Miller Song, made in
Milwaukee; or perhaps there's a Leinenkugel Song, made in Chippewa Falls.
Better yet, they could do a Capital Song, brewed right in Madison.  Of
course, they could do the super-famous Oscar Weiner song, also located in
Madison.

Anyway, I think that the Cheese Band's best song is "Drop the Puck".

Martin