Sender:
From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1992 12:05:22 EST

> David Smith states that Michigan could match-up with LSSU in the NC$$ semi-
> finals.  It is my undestanding that if Michigan makes it to the phinal phour
> they would then play the team from the #2 eastern slot -- St Lawrence, New
> Hampshire or Wisconsin.  Which is correct?

Probably you are correct John.  I didn't look at the brackets as I posted this,
but just assumed that the 1 and 2 west seeds would meet the winners of 4W-5E
and 3W-6E.  While this seems a logical assumption, my memory now seems to be
telling me that in previous years, this kind of logic was not used by whoever
set the brackets. I would imagine that the brakcets are aligned as they have
always been and that Michigan would indeed face 2E in the Final Four.
--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95