Sender:
From:
Dave Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1992 07:38:56 EST
Hmm, let's try that again... thru normal mail this time...

>P.S. Ron Babuka <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>     >SUNY-Binghamton announced that they have dropped their Div III
>     >hockey team.
[stuff deleted]
>     Varsity athletics at all the SUNY University Centers has been
>     downgraded across the board - when was the last time you heard
>     about a team from SUNY-Albany, SUNY-Buffalo, SUNY-Stony Brook,
>     or SUNY-Binghamton in *any* sport ...... ??
                             ^^^
Actually, SUNY Albany has had a successful wrestling program. They've
taken some Division III championships and sent some folks to the Olympics.
I think the SUNYA coach was Asst. Coach of the USA Olympic Wrestling Team
back in '88 or so. I remember when the wrestling World Cup was held at
SUNYA a few years back. Come to think of it, I seem to remember hearing
that SUNY Brockport had a strong program. But I digress...

We now return to your regularly scheduled hockey discussion,
already in progress... :-)

-Dave
Conductor-at-large, RPI Pep Band (America's Pep Band!)