Sender:
From:
Dave Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1992 22:50:51 EST
Well, I haven't seen these game stats posted yet, so here they are...
(from the Albany Times-Union)

RPI		1 1 1 1-4
Harvard		1 2 0 0-3

  First Period - 1, Harvard, Martins 12 (Cohagan), 8:29; 2, RPI, Perardi
7 (Pasco, Kummu), 10:59. Penalties - Hilditch, RPI (elbowing), 1:33;
Farrel, Harvard (elbowing), 8:51

  Second Period - 3, Harvard, DeFreitas 1 (Farrell, Konik), 0:50; 4, RPI
Perardi 8 (Kummu, Brick), 4:31; 5, Harvard, Martins 13 (Body, Cohagan),
7:45. Penalties - Hilditch, RPI (roughing), 1:05; Burke, Harvard
(high-sticking), 14:13

  Third Period - 6, RPI, Askew 7 (Moore, Pasco), 9:41. No penalties.

  Overtime - 7, RPI, Gabriel 10 (Perardi, Kummu), 8:09. Penalties -
Hilditch, RPI (tripping), 1:03; Body, Harvard (holding), 6:18

  Shots on goal - RPI: 11-15-12-3-41
              Harvard:  9-17-9-10-45

  Goalies - RPI, Little (45 shots, 42 saves); Harvard, Roy (41-37)

  Power-play opportunities - RPI 1-for-3, Harvard 0-for-3

  Referee - Dan Murphy

What can I say? It was a helluva game! RPI proved once again that they
can beat anybody when they're hot. The action was fast and furious, with
both teams neck & neck. There were some lucky breaks on both sides, but
most mistakes on both sides looked like a result of players pushing past
their limits. Neil Little found himself facing the Crimson offense alone
a few times, but he was a wall. It was a pretty physical game, but there
were surprisingly few penalties called. (Rare for an RPI game!) Not once
did the RPI band let loose with "3 Blind Mice", although the Harvard fans
may have been a little peeved at the ref when he waved off what was almost
a goal for the Crimson. So, except for a slightly laissez-faire attitude,
even the reffing was top-notch.

Now RPI is 2-0 in the New Season (as we like to think of it =) and they
face St Lawrence on Friday night. SLU certainly knows better than to take
RPI lightly, so it should be an incredible game if RPI plays with the same
fire in their eyes. Watch out-- I hear they've been watching tapes of the
1985 championship =->

Spring Break at Boston Garden... gotta luv it!
Let's go RPI! I wanna play Rock Around the Clock till I turn blue!

-Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Conductor-at-large, RPI Pep Band (America's Pep Band!)