Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1992 12:09:50 EST
I'm here to whoop it up in honor of Michigan's first CCHA championship.
Whoop-whoop-whoop.  I guess I'm not too excited because I'm worried that
we backed into the title -- thank you OSU -- and we're not ready for the
playoffs.  Only time will tell if this team will ever come together.  They
haven't sustained anything for 37 games, so I'm not convinced that they'll
ever "peak".  They did show up for the GLI, and important series vs. LSSU
and MSU, but those were 2-game efforts after which they promptly were
deflated by a weaker team.  My spirit could be lifted with a decent effort
versus BGSU tomorrow evening.  (I'll look for you, Keith).

One thing that I am very excited about is that fact that Denny Felsner now
has 245 career points and WILL break the all-time Michigan record (246)
at home.  If not tomorrow, then during the first round of the CCHA playoffs.
Also, Felsner has the remote possibility of being the first Wolverine ever
to score 100 points in a single season.  He has 78 in 37 games and Michigan
has 4-10 games remaining.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE * 1991-92 CCHA CHAMPIONS