Sender:
From:
"Jeff E. Lewis 996-3041; 413-2168; 421-4394" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 90 17:45:03 CST
>     By the way, I don't know if this is how it is done in the other leagues,
>     but in Hockey East games (league & nonleague), the referee only calls the
>     goal scorer.  Assists are the responsibility of the press box.  At
>  Merrimack,
>     that is done by myself and SID Jim Seavey.  On this play, for example,
In the CCHA goals are called by the Referee and assists by the minor
officials. I've been calling assists for several years and we all make
our share of mistakes. Corrections on goals and assists arrive pretty
quickly from the bench or the SIDs -- and we'll listen to a correction
from a tv tape.  If possible we try to give two assists.