Sender:
From:
"John Carlson, Computing and Info Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1992 09:59:08 -0500
I have only posted to HOCKEY-L a few times before but I thought you ECAC
people would love to hear this...  This is in response to the recent
postings on Pierre Belanger.

I talked with two of Pierre Belanger's partners recently.  One night, after
I had reffed a youth hockey game, two unfamiliar faces were in the referees
locker room.   I talked with these two refs who were there to ref a local
prep school game.  I found out that they also did NCAA games so I told them
about "HOCKEY-L" and "rec.sport.hockey" how there was a ref named Pierre
Something that usually took quite a bashing on HOCKEY-L, especially last year.
Well, they said: "Pierre Belanger" and I said: "sounds right to me".  Anyway,
I asked them how he refs and they said... (I'm paraphrasing here) he is
the best they've seen, he calls a fair game, he doesn't take any s___, he
follows the rules to the letter, and... he is their supervisor.  I have never
seen him ref so I don't have an opinion on the subject but I thought some
people might (or might not) like to hear some referees' perspectives on the
subject.

John Carlson
AHAUS Referee
University of New Hampshire