Sender:
From:
Mike Welvaert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 00:56:41 -0500
     Sorry...don't agree.   First off, let me say, I am an avid Sioux fan,
     and would have LOVED to see them go all the way.  But to blame the
     official for everything is not right.   You and I both know that the
     Sioux did not perform up to full capacity that night in Madison (and
     in the Final5 title game for that matter).   While you have to give
     credit to BC and Denver for their success, it was the Sioux team that
     didn't bring it all with them into the tourney games.

     That being said...I will say that I hate it when the ref decides the
     game.  He did the exact same thing in the UND/BC semi-final.  Whistle
     everything that moves in the first half of the game, and then shove
     the whistle up his keister for the remainder.   Too bad.

     GREAT GAME TONIGHT!!  Refs or no refs.  Gotta hand it to both teams
     for the excellent seasons they had.  They both were running
     neck-and-neck with the Sioux in the polls/rankings all season.
     If the Sioux couldn't be there, was glad to see them battle.

     Congrats to the Maine Black Bears!!   And to the Wildcats of UNH!!

     Mike Welvaert, UND '90
     GO SIOUX...HAD A GREAT TIME IN '99!!
     (And already starting withdrawl symptoms!!)
     How many days 'til the season starts?!??!?