Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:27:59 -0500
7bit
From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:31:17 -0600 Nathan Eric Hampton wrote:

> I wonder which of these could be pursuaded/pushed/bribed into going DI so that
> the NCAA does not question the sport's growth next time it considers a 16-team
> tournament. In the 80's Michigan-Dearborn had an intercollegiate team (D1?).
> Iowa State, Penn State, and Illinois might go if this stupid-assed idea of a
> Big 10 hockey conference gets going

As long as Title IX is a stumbling block for these schools none of them will go
varsity.  I don't think any of them consider the creation of a Big 10 hockey
conference to be an issue.

I followed Chris Lerch's links and am now ready to be a U of Kentucky fan.  Theirs
is undoubtedly the best college hockey site on the web.  Wildcat games are only
$4!  Anyone have any idea how well they draw?

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller