Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1992 12:51:22 EST
A great story was related to me last night re: the finish of the
Northeastern win over Maine Friday ...

Maine Coach Shawn Walsh was very angry (at what or who I don't know).
As he entered the locker room at the end of the game, he slammed the
door shut, breaking the lock ...  and marooning him and his players for
the next hour.

I'm glad *I* wasn't shut in that room for that hour with Coach Walsh.
Phew!

Today's Maine Sunday Telegram recounted an 8:30AM team meeting Saturday,
with leadership by Scott Pellerin ...  Scott obviously carried that
leadership into the afternoon game with (the very strong) Providence
College as he scored 4 (and might have had 8 or 9) in Maine's 7-3 win.

Mike Dunham is reported to have looked very good in the Saturday
contest.  He stayed over last night and leaves for Europe today to join
the U.S.  Olympic team.  Mike, apparently with Coach Walsh's help,
passed up a trip to the White House and flight with the rest of the
Olympic team in order to complete a full week of classes (he went to
Mathews Arena at Northeastern after classes Friday, suited for the game,
but watched as Garth Snow absorbed the loss.