Sender:
From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:44:23 -0500
Just finished reading Dave Hendrickson's article on USCHO on Hockey East
losing their seat on the NCAA selection committee to the MAAC and
Quinnipiac's Jack MacDonald.  Methinks that if Joe spent more time paying
attention to the interests of the entire league rather than just those
members from Boston, perhaps HE would still have that seat.

For those who think I am being unfair, please recall his season long
shilling for Chris Drury, who was not only named HE Player of the Year (a
no brainer after UNH took the fade), but HAD to be named defensive player
of the year as well.  Also, his near salivating at the possibility that the
3 Boston schools could be in the HE semis made me ill.

May I suggest that Joe do more to boost the fortunes of the entire league?
At the beginning of the season he categorically stated that he would not
try to expand HE by luring teams from another conference.  Since that
leaves the ECAC and the MAAC out, where, Joe, are these team(s) going to
come from?  Are you working on this?  And while you work on expansion,
don't forget those  members of the conference where interest seems to have
lagged, i.e. Providence College, Merrimack and UMass. The low attendance at
PC, given the history of the program, is amazing.

And, one more thing Joe. Let's get some linesmen who can skate! The
offsides calls, or lack of same, were horrific this year.

Greg Ambrose