Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:24:16 -0600
7bit
From:
Adam Wodon wrote:

> I would say that it's possible Yale would stay East, sending UNH
> instead --- just flip-flop UNH from 5E to 5W -- and Yale from 5W to 5E.
>
> This prevents a second-round HEA matchup between UNH and BU ...
>
> Only problem there is $$$$$
>
> UNH is close enough to Albany and will bring a lot of people ...
>
> Same could be said about the Ohio State situation.  You could send Ohio
> State instead of Wisconsin ...

I really have no idea what the situation for the Albany regional will be,
but I wouldn't worry about attendance in Ann Arbor.  With Michigan and
Michigan State there, I'm pretty sure the place will be full.  Also,
Wisconsin is probably a better draw than Ohio State.  While I certainly hope
this will change, the impression I've gotten from Buckeye fans that I talk
to in forums other than this is that hockey has yet to really catch on; most
of them are barely aware that OSU HAS a hockey team.  In two or three years,
this might change, but for now, Bucky will probably bring more fans than the
Buckeyes.  Of course, that would probably also be true in Albany, so maybe
they will get sent east.

J. Michael Neal