Sender:
From:
"Paul F. Grochowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1992 11:57:20 EST
Okay, I'm an idiot.  In Friday's post about Anton Fiodorov and Michigan other
two freshmen, I was worried about spelling Fiodorov correctly from memory.
Turns out that I spelled that properly, but I was way off on the name of the
new freshman goaltender.  His name is Al Loges.

I didn't get to either see or listen to Friday's game, but I heard that
Fiodorov played okay against Notre Dame.  However, Coach Berenson kept the
fourth line off the ice for the third period when he became concerned that
Michigan was going to lose to Notre Dame.  Saturday, Red played all of his
regulars.  Al *LOGES* did see his first game action in the third period on
Saturday.  He looked very nervous, but despite a couple of power play goals
on which he really had no chance, he played okay.

Since their last visit to Ann Arbor, Notre Dame has gotten much bigger and
much better.  I like their addition to the CCHA, because I son
(that should say "don't") think they're too many years away from contending,
and because Notre Dame has that aura that fills arena seats.

Final scores:  Friday, U-M 4, ND 3; and Saturday, U-M 8, ND 5.

Oh, and on Saturday I also saw for the first time a woman driving the
zamboni.  Looks like another gender barrier is broken, eh?

Paul Grochowski
Univ o' Michigan
GO BLUE