Sender:
From:
Lowell King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 02:57:32 -0500
In an extremely well played, exciting, and exceptionally high quality
hockey game, AK-Anc (UAA) defeated St. Cloud 5 to 3. UAA scored the first
goal near the middle of the first period. St. Cloud then scored 2 goals
before the first period ended and another goal just after the second
period started. It stayed that way until about the middle of the third
period when UAA scored 4 unanswered goals to secure the victory. UAA had
one penalty and St. Cloud three penalties. The game was very well played
by both teams with St. Cloud exhibiting outstanding puck handling, board
control, and an extremely effective "cycling" style of play (similar to
what Lake Superior has been so successful at). UAA played very hard and
demonstrated an excellent defense. Regardless of who might have won, both
teams were exceptional. And, in my opinion, St Cloud played the best game
(both offense and defense) that we have seen this year (WCHA) --
especially in terms of puck control and transition. We should be hearing
lots about them over the next couple of years as they have few seniors.