Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1991 19:34:38 GMT
Team USA vs Team Canada, Saturday, 1 pm Eastern, CBS-TV.  Eric Lindros will
be playing for Canada, btw.  Announcers will be Mike Emrick, John Davidson,
Mike Eruzione - CBS's hockey crew for Albertville, I believe.  Today's
Boston Herald (12/6/91) reports that CBS will be bringing us USA's first
three first round games live.  I hope that does not mean cutting in and out
like ABC did during the action, and I hope that does not mean we won't see
USA-Sweden which is the fifth first round game scheduled.  I get the impression
that CBS is trying to do a very good job with hockey in the Games, which is
why this game is on tomorrow - a tuneup for the producers, etc.

John Grover's idea of sending a note to CBS and game advertisers thanking
them for showing hockey and encouraging it in the future is a good one.

Other tv here, all cable, has BU-Northeastern live 7 pm Fri (tonight) and
BC-BU on delay 7 pm Sun (from 7 pm Sat), both on NESN.  And SportsChannel
here has OSU-MSU on tape Sun 7:30 pm.  Why they do this, I don't know (put
them up against each other).  All times Eastern; check your local listings.

- mike